The very first floor you selected for your house matched every wall and furnishings of the rooms. After your floor survived years of wears and tears, you would probably be thinking of changing it but making all the efforts again, will prove to be no less than a pain. An easy way to solve this is thinking of floor restoration. If your floor has had dents, cracks, stains, pest infestation, or almost any such damage, then floor restoration will bring it back to life.
Is your floor worth it?
Either you are planning to change the floor or restore it, thinking that is your floor worth the money should be the first step. If you have a hardwood flooring, then there is a 95% possibility that your floor can be repaired to give it the brand new look.
Your floor needs to be changed if
There is a big gap between your flooring. This results in squeaky noises coming from your floor.
Too many restorations done already. If your floor has lasted long enough then opting for something new is probably the best thing.
The floor has been sanded too often. Too much of professional floor sanding services used already means your floor covering has become thin. So it is best to change it now.
Tips for floor restoration
Restoring floors is bringing back the shine and beauty of your flooring. A restored flooring adds to the life of your room. It will bring back the memories of a new house for you. Some restoration tips to rejuvenate your room flooring are as follows :
- Fighting stains: If your flooring has had a light stain, you can re-stain it with a related shade for a fresh look. Same goes for flooring with a dark stain. Your floor also needs polishing if it appears to be clouded or faded in spite of mopping and cleaning several times.
- Preserving the uniqueness: If your flooring has some unique features, you should think of saving it. Like some wood that is no longer used to make flooring, should be maintained and restored in all possible ways. The reason for the preservation of such floor is their classic grandeur. They add to the appearance, value, and uniqueness of your house. So restore such floors without a second thought.
- Consult an expert: Either you are planning restoration or renewal consulting an expert is recommended. Maybe you get to know that your floor requires sanding, or just finishing. This is a way easier job than ripping it out and replacing it with some new flooring. So here the restoration will prove to be a savior of both time and money.
- Maintenance: What you are seeing as a damaged floor might only be a floor that needs regular maintenance to be as good as new. So look for guidance and opt for maintenance. Once done, try to keep them as much safe and damage free as possible.
- Sanding: Sanding is the most common way of repairing all types of damaged floors. Make sure your floor has added oil, lacquer, or lye depending on your floor type. It is always good to consult a parquet floor sanding service for better outcomes.
Benefits of floor restoration
- Floor with newer looks: Restoring your flooring by sanding, re-staining or any other method gives your flooring a fresh feeling. It will also give your floor a smoother and more elegant feel.
- Improved lighting: A new looking floor will undoubtedly add to the natural look of the room. And a room with natural look always seems brightly lit.
- Sweep less: Dents and scratches trap dust, but if your flooring is free from all of these it will require less energy and time while mopping.
The floor restoration process is a life saver, but if your floor has some structural issues, then they might be hard to fix. In that case, searching for new flooring will prove to be more beneficial.