When it comes to choosing the flooring of the house, everyone wants the best. Since, there are various kinds of flooring options available, you might feel confused as to which one will suit you the best. So this short guide will walk you through few popular flooring options along with their respective pros and cons, so that you can make the right decision.
The wooden floorings are a popular choice in many homes because of their fine natural finish and durability. They require minimal maintenance and are available at effective costs.
There is a wide variety of floorings available in the market. So choosing a suitable type for your interior is not a very tough job. Here are some floor varieties that are commonly found in the market.
Hardwood reflects the authentic appearance of nature in your house. To maintain the quality they can be refinished after few years. Hardwood looks the best in living rooms. It is a one time investment that lasts lifelong. You can look for timber flooring in Auckland to get in touch with specialists that can provide excellent timber flooring.
- Pros: They are easy to clean and require only vacuuming.
- Cons: Hardwood floorings are relatively expensive. They can be loud to be walk on. So rugs, carpets and mats are often used to muffle the noise. This flooring type also needs to be protected against water. Certain types are also prone to attack by termites and pests.
The laminate flooring in Auckland is a good substitute for the Hardwood flooring. The installation of laminate floor is somewhat expensive. Depending on the design and patterns it can look both as a tile or natural wood. It is not suitable for kitchen, bathroom and laundry area as it cannot sustain excess of water. A
- Pros : With laminate flooring you can stop worrying about scratches. In case, if you’re laminate gets a scratch apply some vegetable oil in the damaged area to get rid of it. They are easy to clean and do not require regular cleaning. If you own a pet this is probably the best flooring type for you as your pet will be unable to scratch or stain it.
- Cons: Do not clean the laminate flooring with a very wet mop. Too much water will damage the laminate covering. The major drawback is unlike your Hardwood and tiles laminate floor cannot be refinished. So a little mishandling can lead to permanent damage.
Vinyl floors are available in a wide range. For every budget there are thousands of vinyl floorings. Also the installation process doesn’t cost much. It is sound absorbant to a large extent, so you can use it for your laundry area. It adds warmth and pleasure to the rooms.
- Pros: With vinyl there will be no sound when you walk on it. It is soft and easy on feet. They are inexpensive in comparison to other flooring types.
- Cons: If you are looking for flooring with natural look then probably vinyl is not your thing. Vinyl gets damaged and stained easily. Cleaning the vinyl flooring is no less than a challenge. So if you have pets in your house, vinyl flooring is a big- no, no!
Tiles are numerous variations of tiles. They are available in different shape, size, colour, texture, pattern etc. They are made of different materials as marble, slate, porcelain, granite, and many more. They are best suited for kitchen and dining areas.
- Pros:Tiles are a durable form of flooring. They are scratch resistant, so the cost of buying matting is saved. The tiles are mostly water resistant but can be slippery to walk on when wet. With tiles you do not need to be worried about the stains as they are easy to clean.
- Cons: Walking on tiles makes noise, so you need some extra accessories to muffle the sound a little. They are cold,thus more suitable for areas with hot climate. For cold regions an expensive heating system will have to be purchased. The major problem with tiles is that they crack easily. If you drop some heavy appliance on the tile, they are prone to breakage. In addition, repairing them is not at all easy.